Yoga as Therapy - Our Approach
We focus on individual needs, understand their health goals and offer them right package of classes so you optimize your time spent in our center. We provide yoga as intervention and lay focus on your needs.
Our Yoga Intervention program could involve:
- Health evaluation before you start your yoga practice.
- Induction and orientation with yogic concepts.
- Yoga sessions with focusing on your individual needs.
- Home practice material for you to practice at home on the days you cannot attend a class.
- Follow-up sessions to make sure your needs are met, your concerns are addressed and adjustments made to equip you with optimum practice techniques and concepts. Learn More
Our Philosophy and Approach
Our approach to yoga is holistic and resonant of the 5000-year old system of total wellness from ancient India. Yoga therapy is about combining yogic tools and techniques to suit your conditions and temperament for an optimal relaxation and mindfulness, which is necessary for healing. In our yoga therapy program, we offer individual attention and followup with home practices and lifestyle education. We place emphasis on breath awareness for sharper focus, loosening practices to prepare for yogasanas and hatha yoga poses for mind/body awareness, and pranayama/meditation for a deeper connection with oneself. Learn More
Our Group Yoga Therapy
We name our classes with the theme of the class instead of calling them by ailments. But here is a description of how the classes suit your therapy needs.
- Yoga for Fitness - Practices aimed at a holistic health with breath awareness, loosening, asanas, pranayama and relaxation techniques. They are meant for weight management, metabolic disorders, and stress management.
- Yoga and Breath - Gentle movement of body in synchrony with breath; calms down the mind and improves lung capacity and overall rejuvenation. Excellent for Anxiety, Stress, and Asthma management
- Dynamic Yoga - Fast paced yoga techniques followed by deep relaxation. Excellent for weight management and metabolic disorders.
- Stretch and Restore - Holding of Asanas to get deep stretch to muscles to relieve muscle spasms and for overall health. Excellent for people with back/neck/knee pain and for overworked individuals without enough exercise.
- Core Strength - Practices aimed at stretching and Strengthening of the core muscles and back so that sitting postures are going to be easier. This class helps people with back, neck and shoulder pains. It is also an overall relaxing class for all levels. Excellent for people with back/neck/knee pain and people with jobs require sitting all day.
- Yoga and Meditation - Practices aimed at holistic form of yoga with breath awareness, loosening and asana poses with a focus on Meditation - a class for positive health. Focus on Pain Management and stress management.
- Online Relaxation - Deep awareness building relaxation practices for holistic healing.
We offer yoga for back pain, neck pain, arthritis, respiratory disorders, diabetes mellitus, metabolic disorders such as cholesterol problems, mental health conditions, cancer, neurological disorders and women's health conditions among others. We also provide therapy for children's special needs such as ADHD and Autism Spectrum. Our sessions are a holistic that include yoga asanas, pranayama and relaxation/meditation techniques chosen to address the specific requirements. Our teachers are certified yoga therapists who strive to provide you a positive health experience and support. What is yoga therapy? Learn More
We offer Yoga Therapy classes at the following centers in SF bay area. To find out more about the classes and the schedule, please click on the respective location.
Our Special Therapy Offerings
Yoga Bharati takes pride in providing highly specialized yoga care to seniors and patients recovering from cancer and other chronic ailments. These classes are complimentary.
- Wellness Yoga - Adults and Kids: Wellness classes combine a series of yoga asanas with emphasis on breath and pranayam to help you manage stress, weight, disease and other special conditions. Learn More
- Gift Economy classes- We offer public yoga classes in community halls and temple locations through out the Bay Area. These are yoga classes for all levels for general wellness. Learn More
Phone: 408-341-YOGA (9642)
Not from the Bay Area, California?
Click on Chapters menu on the top or Locations menu at the bottom footer to check out classes in other areas of USA or in Bangalore, India.