Yoga As Therapy
Our Approach in the Bay Area
Our approach to yoga is holistic and resonant of the 5000-year old system of total wellness from ancient India. Yoga therapy is about combining yogic tools and techniques to suit your conditions and temperament for an optimal relaxation and mindfulness, which is necessary for healing. In our yoga therapy program, we offer individual attention and followup with home practices and lifestyle education. We place emphasis on breath awareness for sharper focus, loosening practices to prepare for yogasanas and hatha yoga poses for mind/body awareness, and pranayama/meditation for a deeper connection with oneself.
We offer yoga for back pain, neck pain, arthritis, respiratory disorders, diabetes mellitus, metabolic disorders such as cholesterol problems, mental health conditions, cancer, neurological disorders and women's health conditions among others. We also provide therapy for children's special needs such as ADHD and Autism Spectrum. Our sessions are a holistic that include yoga asanas, pranayama and relaxation/meditation techniques chosen to address the specific requirements. Our teachers are certified yoga therapists who strive to provide you a positive health experience and support. What is yoga therapy? Learn More
Yoga as Therapy - Our Approach
We focus on individual needs, understand their health goals and offer them right package of classes so you optimize your time spent in our center. We provide yoga as intervention and lay focus on your needs.
Our Yoga Intervention program could involve:
- Health evaluation before you start your yoga practice.
- Induction and orientation with yogic concepts.
- Yoga sessions with focusing on your individual needs.
- Home practice material for you to practice at home on the days you cannot attend a class.
- Follow-up sessions to make sure your needs are met, your concerns are addressed and adjustments made to equip you with optimum practice techniques and concepts.
We offer Yoga Therapy classes at the following centers in SF bay area. To find out more about the classes and the schedule, please click on the respective location.
Our Special Therapy Offerings
Yoga Bharati takes pride in providing highly specialized yoga care to seniors and patients recovering from cancer and other chronic ailments. These classes are complimentary.
- Wellness Yoga - Adults and Kids: Wellness classes combine a series of yoga asanas with emphasis on breath and pranayam to help you manage stress, weight, disease and other special conditions. Learn More
- Gift Economy classes- We offer public yoga classes in community halls and temple locations through out the Bay Area. These are yoga classes for all levels for general wellness. Learn More
Phone: 408-341-YOGA (9642)
Not from the Bay Area, California?
Click on Chapters menu on the top or Locations menu at the bottom footer to check out classes in other areas of USA or in Bangalore, India.