Postnatal Yoga - Mommy and Me Yoga
Address: 20445 Prospect Rd, Suite # 1, San Jose, 95129
Our postnatal yoga program gives you a guided program for yoga practice for restoration of strength post-delivery. Aimed at overall positive health, we teach breath awareness, loosening, asanas, pranayama and relaxation techniques. We ask you to start these classes 6 weeks after normal delivery and 8 weeks after C-Section.
Ask your doctor before you begin postnatal yoga.
• Are you looking for a healthy recovery post-partum? • Want to have a good sleep even between the baby cries?
• Want to build strong core and some gentle exercise?
• Don’t know how to manage the stress of baby and life?
Come along and enjoy the company of other women like you. Bring your baby along!
Therapeutic Yoga helps to regain strength, particularly in the pelvic/abdominal region, gently toning the body. Breathing exercises (Pranayama) and relaxation calms and soothes the mind and improves post partum depression symptoms and relaxes the whole body.
Give yourself some quality time each day with your baby, enjoy your Yoga practice, however short and simple and see the benefits reflecting in your everyday life.
Our Style and Description
Please note that our classes are holistic and all aspects of the below techniques are present in every class. The differentiation lies in the amount of time and focus spent in those techniques, which varies with the class type.
- Breath Awareness - Gentle movement of body in synchrony with breath; calms down the mind and improves lung capacity and overall rejuvenation.
- Loosening and Dynamic Practices - Fast paced yoga techniques aimed at loosening of the joints and cardio endurance.
- Stretch and Restore - Holding of Asanas to get deep stretch to muscles to relieve muscle spasms and for overall health.
- Restorative and Meditative Techniques - Deep awareness building practice with simple movements for subtle strengthening of muscles, tendons and joints.
- Core Strength Practices - Stretching and Strengthening of the core muscles and back after delivery.
Location, Schedule and Fees
We offer postnatal yoga at our YB Main Center in West San Jose (Cupertino) Area.
Venue: Yoga Bharati Main Center
20445 Prospect Rd, Suite#1
San Jose, CA-95129
8 weeks workshop starting February 9th through April 6th.
NO class on February 23rd.
Days/Times: Thursdays 10.30 am to 11.30 am
For entire workshop series: $135 (8 sessions); $20 per drop-in class
Early bird discount registered and paid on or before Feb 1st $125 ($10 off)
Savita Joshi (Program Director), ERYT, MBA is a passionate yoga teacher and presently Director of Therapy Services at Yoga Bharati in collaboration of Yogaksema. Savita has more than eight years of yoga therapy teaching experience in areas including women's yoga such as Prenatal, Postnatal, Fertility, and many other various psychosomatic ailments. She has completed training in Diploma in Yoga therapy and has conducted various workshops and spoken at retreats and conferences.
Call 408-341-YOGA for details.
Email: class @ yogabharati.org