Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course
(AYTT, Available in the Bay Area, California)
Yoga Bharati offers Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course to build depth in the yoga practice and to be able to teach yoga principles and practices to the community at large. We delve deep into yogic philosophy from the ancient scriptures of Upanishad, Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali Yoga Sutras. We are affiliated to Swami Vivekananda Yoga Research Foundation (SVYASA), Bangalore, a premier Yoga University in India. For more details look below:
Our Next Information Session (Open House) Sunday August 5th, 2018, 3pm
Venue: YB Main Center; 20445 Prospect Rd, Ste #1, San Jose, CA 95129
In this session we provide detailed information about the course, fees structure, dates, pre-requisites, certification requirements and more. We highly encourage prospective students to attend this session and clarify any questions they may have before signing up for the course. Prospective students can also register for the course at this session.
AYTT-300 Course schedule
Module 1 - Intensive Weekend Sessions
Duration: Two sessions - Fall 2018 and Winter 2019
- Sun Sept 16th - Sun Nov 4th 2018 - Eight Sundays
- Sun Jan 6th 2019 - Sun Feb 24th 2019 - Eight Sundays
Days/Times: Sundays 7am - 1:00pm
Module 2 - Online Sessions
Days/TImes: Wednesday Morning 6am-7am - Sept 19th 2018 - Dec 18th, 2019
Various topics from experts that are not local will be given in this module. Topics include Meditation and Advanced Pranayama, Yoga Anatomy and Physiology, Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Gita and Management of Life, etc will be covered in these sessions.
Module 3 - Mandatory and Elective Sessions
Days/TImes: Workshops and Retreats
Various topics of yoga teaching as given below are required :
- Speciality Yoga Training (Seniors, Kids, Prenatal, Women, At Risk Youth)
- Ayurveda Detox - (Mandatory attendance for one workshop, and shadowing to help with two additional workshops
- Stress Management Workshops (mandatory attendance for 2 workshops and help organize two such workshops)
- Philosophy Sessions - Upanishads and Gita, Brahmasutra, Atma Bodha, Tattva Bodha, Sankhya (10 hours minimum)
- A mandatory Retreat (at least one retreat arranged by Yoga Bharati is a mandatory)
Detailed requirements will be given in the prospect. We publish a calendar of events 3-4 months in advance. You will be required to signup and take these courses.
These are the workshops that are announced through out the year on various topics. We require 30 hours of electives to be taken for certification of different courses. Some examples are below:
- Pranayama and Meditation - By Yogashree N.V.Raghuram
- Meditation Workshop - By Swami Bodhananda
- Meditation Teacher Training - By Yoga Bharati and The Center for Spiritual Enlightenment, San Jose
- Bhagavad Gita and Management - by Swami Bodhananda
- Yogic Cleansing Kriyas
- Advancing in Yoga Workshops
Module 4 - Internship
Duration: At your pace. To shadow and assist senior teachers
- 30 hours -advanced yoga class
- 30 hours - Yoga Teacher Training session
The student is required to assist the primary teacher in the class setting and eventually be able to lead the session. The students will also be required to assist the senior faculty in Yoga Teacher Training classes. The students will lead the classes under the guidance of senior teachers and the faculty in Yoga Teacher Training sessions. Practicum also include observing the class, the students and their practices, adjusting and helping the students to reach their maximum potential, learning the classroom dynamics, and discussing the session dynamics for 15-20 mins with the primary instructor after the class. The students should also provide assistance to the primary teacher in the class logistics. The student should maintain a journal of class log and a report on the work done during internship in a prescribed format. The students should submit the journal to the faculty with the mentor's signature.
Module 5 Practicum Delivery & Project Report
Duration: At your pace
- 30 hours of teaching as practicum delivery under mentorship
- A detailed report on a yoga subject (min 40 pages) on three areas of yoga. For example - Yoga for kids, Yoga for Seniors, Prenatal Yoga, Yoga for the blind, Yoga for Veterans, Yoga in Assisted Living Centers, etc. The report includes two case studies in three areas of yoga fields. Ex. Prenatal Yoga, Yoga for Kids, Yoga for Special Needs Children or Adults, etc. In addition, students will attend a workshop and submit data collected pre/post experience of participants. Students are also required to write a critical evaluation of a workshop that they attended or a yoga related article.
Dates: Usually April end or early May every year
Location: Sivananda Yoga Farm, Grass Valley CA
Call us or email aytt @ yogabharati.org to know the details.
Call us before applying for the course