Yoga as Fitness
Stability of the hip and spine joints and strength of the core muscles defines your basic fitness. Cardio endurance and lung capacity defines your health and stamina. Our special workshop of Morning and evening options will prepare you for both.
20% Off for Regularity ! You just have to attend the classes to get 20% discount for the next workshop on top of already low fees for this workshop. The program is directed by Ashwini Surpur, the senior Yoga teacher and the Executive Director of Yoga Bharati and taught by some of the profound and senior yoga teachers.
Venue: 20445 Prospect Rd Suite #1, San Jose, CA, 95129
Duration: Mon, Mar 22nd thru June 30th 2017
- March 13th - 6.30am - Orientation and Training
- Mon, Wed. Fri - 7am - 8am
- Tues/Thurs - 5.30pm - 6.30pm - First class at 5pm on March 14th
Fees: Promotional price - $85 (20% discount for the next session if you attend min 3 classes per week* No combination of discounts)
Yoga classes taught by our passionate teachers
Fitness Protocol designed specially for Advancing in Yoga
Yoga as Fitness?
- Yoga has a profound influence on all the systems of the body and it is not just muscle stretching. Yoga helps optimum functioning of nervous, circulatory, respiratory, digestive systems.
- Helps loosen the joints and muscles in the body, helps with weight loss, vitalizing the entire body, sharpening the mind and reaching optimal health.
- Yogic practices such as Surya Namaskar is a very effective cardiovascular exercise and the continuous variability of muscle length during a flow of 10 postures reducing the probability of the types of injuries typically seen in other forms of aerobic activity.
- Yoga improves our body awareness and improves overall quality of life.
- Mindfulness practices such as Shavasana provide wakeful sleep — Yoga Nidra. It helps bring awareness to the body and provides complete rest to the entire body and mind with all its inner organs and faculty of thinking.
- When practiced in a community setting, the overall synergy and good will helps the entire community to bind together for a good cause and to work for the society’s well being.
Our Team of Yoga Teachers
- Anil Surpur - President of Yoga Bharati and Senior Yoga Teacher
- Indra Singhal - Senior Yoga Teacher
- Jayaram Reddy - Senior Yoga Teacher
- Manju Gupta - Yoga And Ayurveda Expert
Ashwini Surpur, Certified Yoga Therapist (CIAYT) and Experienced Yoga Teacher (ERYT) is the Executive Director of Yoga Bharati. She has been practicing yoga since childhood; he received the Yoga Teacher Certification from Yoga Bharati in 2006. She has conducted 100s of workshops on yoga, Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali Yoga Sutras in Yoga Bharati. She has worked at Oracle as a Software Engineer for 15 years and quit her job in 2010 to join Yoga Bharati as a full time volunteer staff. She has spoken at various conferences on yoga and Hindu philosophy. She writes articles for various magazines and news media on Yoga. She is passionate about literature and philosophy and composes poems in Kannada and English. She is pursuing higher studies in Veerashaiva philosophy and writes articles on Veerashaivism. She teaches Bhagavad Gita for children and adults.
Phone: 408-341-YOGA (9642)