Young yogis Yoga camp by Yogabharati
Content of 10 day camp included Sloka chanting, Dynamic Yogic warm ups, Breathing stretches, Asanas, Simple Mindful relaxation, Pranayama , OM Chanting, Yogic games, techniques to improve attention span and develop awareness and to reinforces Positive Self- esteem, to Sparks creativity and Give them a bigger picture that everything we do is not for winning but to participate and enjoy in the present moment; and Mythology Storytelling
Benefits for Young Yogis
- Reduces distractibility and increased attention span through mindful practice and yogic games
- Activating dormant areas of the brain through stimulation and relaxation- asanas
- Sifting useful memories from all kinds of things in mind through awareness - relaxation techniques
- Dynamic Yogic warm ups for building presence of mind, core strength, good posture and correct physical alignment
- Learning to - focus and improve on concentration, Memory skills - balancing poses, special yogic games
- Sloka Chanting to gain peace, calmness and to become more centered, which in turn allows the child to channelize the positive energy received in a variety of ways.
- Pranayama to bring awareness of breath - calming the child
- Yogic games -Assists neuromuscular-development, develops a strong and flexible body
- Asanas Increases balance, body awareness and coordination and improves posture and alignment
- Increase their confidence and positive self-image by being fit
- Feeling part of a healthy, non-competitive group- FUN Yogic games
- Feeling connected to our ancestors , talking about the core moral values through Mythology stories- Giving kids a platform to come out with their views , finding out answers of divinity and how these values play a key role in Happiness.
Yoga is meditative by nature. So whether a child is holding a balancing posture,sitting in meditation or moving through a series of poses, there's going to be a calming, soothing quality.
Testimonials from People who had excruciating pain, chronic pain in Lumbar , Cervical as well as lower back.They joined our personalised Yoga session and got tremendous relief within a few sessions:
1. "I had been suffering from hip/leg pain from September 2015. Consulted multiple doctors, tests, X rays and loaded myself with all the prescribed pain killers. but the pain just remained. This was when I approached Yogabharati and started my personal sessions with Madhav . with four classes now, I can see a considerable relief and hope to recover soon completely .Would definitely recommend therapeutic yoga against the horrible pain killers!"
- Sahana, Classic Orchards
2. "I had spasms and tremendous pain in the lower back which used to disturb my day to day schedule. I have joined therapeutic Yoga for back pain class and I am finding improvement. Thanks to Prabha and Yogabharati"
- Priya Rajesh, Classic Orchards
3. "Just wanted to share that by doing regular therapeutic Yoga practices taught to me by my therapist Prabha for my lower back pain , Cervical Spondylosis, Vertigo I feel a really difference. Infact when I don't attend yoga classes , I do the special techniques which were taught to me and it works like a pain killer and gives me instant relief after a hard day's work. Looks like regular practice is the mantra . Thank you Prabha for motivating me to join Yoga."
- Amita Hoshing
4. "I am feeling a massive positive energy just by attending 3 sessions with the therapist. my stiffness in the back has just dissapeared and I really look forward to get mY back strengthened so that I can resume my running. I wish I could have started this earlier rather than spending unnecessarily at Gym."
- Shubhashish Ghosh.
This workshop was all about Yoga for Women’s health and Vital Energy. It included:
- Insights on female hormones and a basic understanding of their role in woman’s positive health
- Deep understanding of Stress in eastern and Western perspective and how it causes health issues for women
- Detailed explanation of some of the common Gynaec. health issues faced by women today
- new understanding and a deep appreciation of “Healing power of Yoga” as therapy for balancing hormones, relieving unwanted symptoms arising from hormonal imbalance as well as to keep all the glands functioning well for overall health.
- tips on changes in diet and lifestyle- Yogic diet for positive health
- Learning to connect inwardly to the realm of spirit, to nourish ourselves so that we can nourish others.
Several women participated and thoroughly found the workshop informative and were appalled to see the benefits of yoga on several hormonal health issues of women. They were having doubts on hormonal health issues and the therapist Prabha and Vijaya answered the medical perspective as well as the yogic perspective. We received feedback that a few practical sessions concerning only on "Yoga for Women"with asanas, kriyas, stretches with full explanations could be done as a follow up for better understanding of yoga as well as to motivate them.
Yogabharati is planning to have a practical based workshop in the month of June. Shall keep this workshop updated when it is planned.
Over eighty enthusiastic yogis attended this event and all enjoyed doing SN in the midst of greenery and serene surroundings. Some even successfully completed 108 rounds including the youngest yogis(kids). The whole event lasted for 1 and 1/2 hrs and everyone dispersed feeling absolutely satisfied and were at peace. We received several feedback that such open air events to be held every month.