Yoga Teacher Training (Bay Area, CA)
Yoga Teacher Training/Foundation Course (YTT-200 &YFC)
(Bay Area Chapter)
Yoga Teacher Training (YTT-200) is a yoga teacher training program that prepares the students to teach holistic yoga in the community. This course integrates various aspects of yoga such as asanas, pranayama, kriyas, meditation techniques and the very essence of yogic philosophy into a holistic composite – thus enabling the students to understand and impart the knowledge of yoga in its entirety. Yoga Bharati conducts Yoga Teacher Training every year in the Bay Area. Along with yoga practice techniques, we provide in depth yogic philosophy from the ancient scriptures of Upanishad, Bhagavad Gita, and Patanjali Yoga Sutras. We are affiliated to Swami Vivekananda Yoga Research Foundation (SVYASA), Bangalore, a premier Yoga University in India.
Yoga Bharati is a Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance (RYS 200). After completing YTT-200 course, one can sign up with Yoga Alliance to become RYT-200 certified teacher. We also offer RYT-300 course to enable students to become RYT-500 certified teachers after taking both courses.
Please note that YIC is a subset of YTT-200 and is not RYT-200 course and Bay Area chapter only offers YTT-200.
YIC 2018 Announcement
- $2200 for the entire course
- $1000 for Module 1
DISCOUNTS AND REFUNDS
- Early Bird - $50 for Module 1 Cupertino Jan 14th
- Early Bird - $50 for Module 2 - TBD
- Student Discount - $100 (Full Time students)
- Senior Discount - $100
- Family Discount - $100
- Low Income - If you come under low income category per California standards, we can offer $500 discount (restrictions apply)
If you paid partial or full fees but decided to withdraw from the course before Module 1 is completed, we will refund your complete amount after the following deductions:
- $50 admin fee until open house date.
- $100 admin fee after open house until a week before YTT.
- After that it will be $200 until the first weekend of YTT is completed.
- Beyond first weekend if you have to pull out, $500 will be deducted until first module of the YTT is completed
- After the first Module, no refund will be given.
*Early Bird can be combined with other discounts; No other discounts can be combined.
We are pleased to announce our annual Teachers training course, YFC/YIC200. YFC is our Yoga Foundation Course and YIC 200 is a RYT200 certified course through Yoga Alliance. Listed below are details of the Information Session and the course itself.
MODULE 1 - Three Locations:
Module 1 Evergreen - Completed
Module 1 Milpitas Area- Completed
ENROLLMENT OPEN - TWO TIMINGS FOR MODULE 1
Information Session - Sun Jan 14th, 3pm-5pm at YB Center in San Jose (see below for address)
TWO OPTIONS for Module 1 - Feb 20th - Mar 31st 2018
- Option 1 Days/Times - Feb 24th Start Date - Sat and Sun 2:00pm - 6:30pm
- Option 2 Days/Times - Feb 20th Start Date - Tues and Thurs 9:00am - 1:30pm
Venue: YB Center, 20445 Prospect Rd, Ste #1, San Jose, CA-95129 (Cupertino Area)
Duration - 6 weeks
MODULE 2 (Eight Weeks)
Days/Times - April 7th to June 3rd 2018, Sat and Sun 7:00am - 11.30am
Venue: 1081, S De Anza Blvd, San Jose, CA-95129 (Cupertino Area)
Duration - 8 weeks (includes a yoga retreat)
Yoga Retreat: Sivananda Ashram, Grass Valley, CA (May 4th evening to 6th 2pm Fri-Sun)
MODULE 3 (Eight Weeks)
Days/Times - April 7th to June 3rd 2018, Wed 6:00 am - 7.00am
Duration - 8 weeks
In this session we provide detailed information about the course, fees structure, dates, pre-requisites, certification requirements and more. We highly encourage prospective students to attend this session and clarify any questions they may have before signing up for the course. Prospective students can also register for the course at this session.
Modules and Dates/Venues and Fees
Module 1 - Yoga Foundation and Techniques
- Different Locations
- Module 2 - Depth of Foundation
One of Cupertino/San Jose/Milpitas Areas (TBD)
Sivananda Ashram Retreat dates (TBD)
Module 3 - Online Wed 6am-7am sessions (using gotomeeting; audio and video)
Module 4 - Electives - Workshops and Satsangs (20 hours)
Module 5 - Internship (Practicum Training 20 classes)
Module 6 - Practicum
Module 6A - Practicum 15 hours as apprentice
Module 6B - Practicum 15 hours after Module 2
Module 7 - Dissertation/Field Report after Module 6A
General Course Details
Our courses Modules are as follows (Bay Area):
Note: Different Chapters may schedule this differently.
Module 1& 2– Theory & Practice (usually months, weekends only)
- Yoga concept and definitions
- Application of Yoga
- Yoga and Stress Management
- Yoga and Diet
- Teaching Techniques and Introduction to Research
- Philosophy and four streams of Yoga
- Pranayama, meditation, kriyas, bandhas and Mudras
- Introduction to Yoga for Wellness
- Yoga Retreat - Offsite learning for Deep Yogic Experience
- Yoga Anatomy
- Ethics and Boundaries
Module 2 – Online Classes (parallel with Module 2)
Online classes on Yoga Practice, Philosophy, and Concepts based on texts such as Yoga Vasishta, Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Usually Wednesdays 6am-7am
Module 4 - Electives (parallel with other modules after Module 1)
These are the workshops that are announced through out the year on various topics. We require 40-50 hours of electives to be taken for certification of different courses. Some examples are below:
- Concepts and Deepening of Yoga and Pranayama (Theory and Practice) - by Senior Yoga Bharati experts
- Advancing in Yoga - By Ekaterina Jeleva and Shriram Sarvotham
- Meditation Workshop - By Swami Bodhananda
- Yogic Cleansing Kriyas - Yoga Bharati workshop
- Ayurveda Lifestyle and Education - by Yoga Bharati associated Ayurveda Experts - Quarterly
- Patanjali Yoga Sutra, Bhagavad Gita based discourses - by Shri N.V.Raghuram (April or June) and Swami Bodhananda (Nov)
- Stress Free Parenting Workshops - Fall Semester and Winter/Spring Semester
Module 5 - Internship (Practicum Training) after Module1
20 classes of internship (Involves Shadowing and practicum training)
The student is required to assist the primary teacher in the class, and with class logistics in order to get a complete understanding of yoga as a business practice. Yoga session shadowing includes observing the class, the students and their practices, adjusting and helping the students to reach their maximum potential, learning the classroom dynamics, and discussing the session dynamics for 15-20 mins with the senior teacher after the class. The student should maintain a journal of class log and a report on the work done during internship in a prescribed format. The students should submit the journal to the faculty with the mentor's signature. There is also a minimum of 5 hour practicum training under the mentor.
The student is also required to lead some classes under the mentorship of the teacher. Once the student is confident and the teacher approves the student as ready, the student can give practicum delivery.
Module 6 - Practicum (Field Practice)
30 hours of teaching as field practice of which 15 hours can be done after Module 1 and 5 and the rest has to be after Module 2 and 5.
Module 7- Dissertation/Field Report
- A detailed report on a yoga subject (min 20 pages) is required to be submitted based on the template that we provide to the student. Example: Yoga for Sports, Yoga for Children, Patanjali Yoga Sutras and ethics in Yoga Teaching. Your own research on the topic, the field experience, tesimonials, Your Journey of Yoga through this field practice should be journaled in this Report.
Yoga Education Course General Information
Yoga Bharati allows incremental learning for those who are interested to study yoga. Following are the three incremental courses one can sign up and upgrade during the course (restrictions apply). One or more of the courses may be available in a given location, but not all. For details regarding the course at a particular location, please contact us. Prospectus of the course will be announced in the flyer along with course dates.
- YFC - Yoga Foundation Course
- YTT-200 - Yoga Teacher Training compliant with Yoga Alliance RYT-200 curriculum
Yoga Foundation Course (YFC) provides in-depth yoga knowledge and foundation of yoga philosophy to be able to take the practice to the deeper levels at body, mind, and spiritual levels. This course is meant for people who are looking for in-depth knowledge of yoga and its philosophy for their personal interests. This course enables them to practice yoga with deeper awareness, hence enhancing the benefits of yoga. One may repeat this course as needed for deepening the self practice. Includes Module 1, 2, & 3 (Theory & Practice). No certificate issued.
Yoga Teacher Training (YTT-200)
Yoga Teacher Training is a RYT200 certified course through Yoga Alliance. This includes all the modules of YIC and additional modules for in-depth knowledge of Yoga Anatomy, teaching methodologies, practicum, and Ethics and Boundaries of business practice. YTT-200 is also the foundation for those interested in the advanced programs, such as therapy oriented course at Yoga Bharati.
Course Requirements - Modules 1 through 7 above should all be completed to get the certificate. YIC Certificate from VYASA and Yoga Bharati Certificate with Yoga Alliance RYS 200 logo will be awarded. Time Frame provided - 2 years. Additional fee and bridge course to be taken for the student who exceeded 2 year duration until 4 years. The timeframe expires after 4 years and the student has to re-enroll in the course again.
Please note that this option may not be available at all locations. Contact us for details.
Our Objective of Yoga Education
As Swami Vivekananda says "Education is a man making, life making, character building assimilation of ideas". Our yoga education courses are designed to systematically train the student in the techniques of yoga and to begin his/her own journey of self-development and greater self-awareness. We believe in practice before preaching. Benefits of taking this course are: You will be able to develop:
- The ability to integrate body, mind, and soul through various yoga techniques
- Holistic understanding of the philosophy of yoga
- Stress management, prevention of stress related ailments
- Improved memory, creativity & calmness through pranayama, meditation
- Empowerment to serve the society through yoga careers
YTT for Youth (under 18 years of age)
Yoga Bharati believes in inculcating yoga culture to the young hearts. We provide the youth with all the training that adults get, but with special breakout sessions so yoga education is given at their level of understanding. We mentor them through our special youth yoga teachers. We will enable them for yoga teaching by our special mentors. Please contact us for details.
We limit the class size to facilitate personalized attention, therefore it is strongly recommended to register as early as possible.
For any other discounts, please contact us for details.
Disclaimer: Please consult your doctor before practicing yoga
Testimonies of People Who Took YIC/YTT-200
Email: ytt @ yogabharati.org
Phone: (855) 202-7747 / 408-341-YOGA (9642)