Stop Diabetes Movement: Yoga Program
brought to you by
Yoga Bharati, Sewa International, VYASA, and Sunnyvale Temple
Yoga Bharati in collaboration with Sewa International and Sunnyvale Temple is pleased to launch Stop Diabetes Movement, a program to bring awareness about the effectiveness of yoga for Diabetes Management.
* Yoga postures and stretches
* Yoga breathing and relaxation
* Stress management through yoga
* Guidance regarding diet and nutrition for diabetics
* Personal consultation from medical doctors
What is Stop Diabetes Movement (SDM)?
SDM is a 40 hours Yoga Program designed to prevent, control and manage diabetes. This Yoga Program is proven by research to be helpful in management of diabetes. Participants first go through a free screening by a medical doctor to determine the general fitness to handle the program. The 40 hour Yoga training is given by certified, experienced yoga teachers from VYASA (Vivekananda Yoga Research Foundation) and Yoga Bharati.
Stop Diabetes Yoga Program (40 hour program - 10 consecutive days and 10 weekends)
Registration fee - This is a FREE program for first timers to this program if the entire program is completed with full compliance.
$150 (Fully refundable upon successful completion of 40 hour program and upon request in writing)
Enrollment Deadline : July 17th, 2016
MANDATORY PRE-SCREENING: The weekend of July 17th, 2016 – Fremont and West San Jose (Cupertino Area)
Note: Please bring your recent lab reports for fasting, random and post prandial sugar, Lipid profile and HbA1C reports and any related medical reports for your diabetes. You will have a Free pre-consultation with a medical doctor prior to the start of the Yoga Program.
Part 1 - Intensive 10 day Sessions: July 22 to 31, 2016 (10 consecutive days)
Part 2 - Followup Sessions (10 weekends):
Every Saturday starting August 6 through Sept. 24, 2016 for 10 Saturdays from 9:30 am to 11:30 am (all the sessions are compulsory)
For your convenience we are offering SDM program at two locations (Weekend is a third location)
* Sunnyvale: Sunnyvale Hindu Temple, 450 Persian Drive, Sunnyvale, CA
* Fremont: Olive Hyde Program Center, 123 Washington Blvd, Fremont, CA
* NOTE: Weekend sessions are held at 11469 Clayton Road, San Jose, CA
Part 1 - Weekday Timings:
* Sunnyvale Location – 7:00 am to 9:00 am
* Fremont Location - 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Part 1 - Saturday & Sunday Timings:
* 9:30 am to 11:30 am – All participants
Research Evidence: S-VYASA - a premier Yoga University in Bangalore, India, through its 30 years of research has research papers to show evidence that yoga lifestyle can change/impact:
* Normalize blood glucose (Fasting and postprandial)
* Normalize Glycated Hemoglobin (HbA1C)
* Reduce bad cholesterol & Increase good cholesterol
* Normalize weight and BMI & Reduce oral medication
* Reduce anxiety & depression & Improve quality of life
The objective of this program is to help individuals with pre-diabetes from becoming diabetic and to help diabetic individuals to control and manage their diabetic condition.
1. Primary prevention: Prevent Pre-diabetics from getting full fledged diabetes condition
2. Secondary prevention: Preventing the complications; converting diabetes condition from severe to moderate, moderate to mild, and from mild to normal.
Call: 408-341-YOGA (9642)