Advancing in Yoga - Level 2
Vinyasa Krama Yoga Protocol designed specially for Advancing in Yoga, Level 2. Applicable to participants with no major health issues.
**some restrictions apply**
This program is open to all dedicated yoga practitioners and yoga teachers wishing to advance their personal practice of asanas. The main theme of this workshop is to unfold exuberant health and wellness through carefully crafted flow of asanas. The sequences will be based on the principles of Vinyasa Krama. Vinyasa Krama is a yoga practice in the tradition of Sri T. Krishnamacharya, considered the father of modern yoga and one of the most influential teachers of the 20th Century.
Each session of this workshop is designed to provide a thorough workout using yogasanas, promoting fitness at all levels. During the workshop, we also delve into the principles of correct alignment, safety in yoga practice, and incorporate some elements of pranayama, dhyana, mantras, and wisdom from yoga sutras of Maharishi Patanjali.
Venue: 20445 Prospect Rd Suite #1, San Jose, CA, 95129
Duration: Starts September 10th onwards and offered as ongoing classes
- Monday - 7pm - 8.15pm
- Wednesday - 7pm - 8.15pm
Advancing in Yoga
- Yoga has a profound influence on all the systems of the body and it is not just muscle stretching. Yoga helps optimum functioning of nervous, circulatory, respiratory, digestive systems.
- Helps loosen the joints and muscles in the body, helps with weight loss, vitalizing the entire body, sharpening the mind and reaching optimal health.
- Yogic practices such as Surya Namaskar is a very effective cardiovascular exercise and the continuous variability of muscle length during a flow of 10 postures reducing the probability of the types of injuries typically seen in other forms of aerobic activity.
- Yoga improves our body awareness and improves overall quality of life.
- Mindfulness practices such as Shavasana provide wakeful sleep — Yoga Nidra. It helps bring awareness to the body and provides complete rest to the entire body and mind with all its inner organs and faculty of thinking.
- When practiced in a community setting, the overall synergy and good will helps the entire community to bind together for a good cause and to work for the society’s well being.
Phone: 408-341-YOGA (9642)