Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course
(AYTT-300, Available in the Bay Area, California)
Yoga Bharati offers Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Course to build depth in the yoga practice and to be able to teach yoga principles and practices to the community at large. We delve deep into yogic philosophy from the ancient scriptures of Upanishad, Bhagavad Gita and Patanjali Yoga Sutras. We are affiliated to Swami Vivekananda Yoga Research Foundation (SVYASA), Bangalore, a premier Yoga University in India. For more details look below:
Our Next Information Session (Open House) TBD
In this session we provide detailed information about the course, fees structure, dates, pre-requisites, certification requirements and more. We highly encourage prospective students to attend this session and clarify any questions they may have before signing up for the course. Prospective students can also register for the course at this session.
AYTT-300 Course schedule
Intensive Weekend Course (6 weeks)
Days/Times: Every Saturday and Sunday mornings for 6-7 hours
Module 2 - Online Sessions
Days/TImes: Wednesday Morning 6am-7am
Various topics from experts that are not local will be given in this module. Topics include Meditation and Advanced Pranayama, Yoga Anatomy and Physiology, Patanjali Yoga Sutras, Gita and Management of Life, etc will be covered in these sessions.
Module 3 - Monthly Sessions
Days/TImes: One weekend a month Session - Sat and Sun 12noon - 5pm
Various topics of yoga teaching such as Yoga Anatomy and Kinesiology, Advancing in Yoga, Speciality Yoga Training (Seniors, Kids, Prenatal, Women, At Risk Youth), Ethics and Boundaries, Teaching Techniques, etc will be covered in these sessions.
Module 4 - Electives (self paced)
These are the workshops that are announced through out the year on various topics. We require 40-50 hours of electives to be taken for certification of different courses. Some examples are below:
- Pranayama and Meditation - By Yogashree N.V.Raghuram
- Meditation Workshop - By Swami Bodhananda
- Meditation Teacher Training - By Yoga Bharati and The Center for Spiritual Enlightenment, San Jose
- Bhagavad Gita and Management - by Swami Bodhananda
- Yogic Cleansing Kriyas - Yoga Bharati workshop
- Advancing in Yoga - by Ashwini Surpur of Yoga Bharati
- Advancing in Yoga through Vinyasa Krama - By Ekaterina Jeleva and Shriram Sarvotham
Module 5 - Internship
Duration: At your pace
- 15 hours of internship under senior teachers in yoga classes
- 15 hours of mentored teaching where the student teaches under the guidance of the senior teachers
The student is required to assist the primary teacher in the class setting and eventually be able to lead the session. The students will also be required to assist the senior faculty in Yoga Teacher Training classes. The students will lead the classes under the guidance of senior teachers and the faculty in Yoga Teacher Training sessions. Practicum also include observing the class, the students and their practices, adjusting and helping the students to reach their maximum potential, learning the classroom dynamics, and discussing the session dynamics for 15-20 mins with the primary instructor after the class. The students should also provide assistance to the primary teacher in the class logistics. The student should maintain a journal of class log and a report on the work done during internship in a prescribed format. The students should submit the journal to the faculty with the mentor's signature.
Module 6 Field Practice & Project Report
Duration: At your pace
- 96 hours of teaching as field practice
- A detailed report on a yoga subject (min 40 pages) on three areas of yoga. For example - Yoga for kids, Yoga for Seniors, Prenatal Yoga, Yoga for the blind, Yoga for Veterans, Yoga in Assisted Living Centers, etc. The report includes two case studies in three areas of yoga fields. Ex. Prenatal Yoga, Yoga for Kids, Yoga for Special Needs Children or Adults, etc. In addition, students will attend a workshop and submit data collected pre/post experience of participants. Students are also required to write a critical evaluation of a workshop that they attended or a yoga related article.
Location: Sivananda Yoga Farm, Grass Valley CA
Early Bird Discount
Other Discounts –
EDUCATION CALENDAR 2016